21 September, 2005

Okay, so there...

...was a bit of a nip in the air when I left the house this morning...but (just for the record) summer is not over *officially* until I let it... ;)

Last night I had a really weird dream that I was dreaming about writing a story...so kind of double asleep I guess...it was about a woman called "Jill" who owned a pub in Surrey, she was kind of getting on a bit, living alone, and the pub wasn't doing very well (it was in the middle of nowhere)...so she was short of cash and a bit sad with the way things had turned out. As a result of the financial situation she was selling off bits of the property, most notably the pub sign (which was wonderfully painted-and in my dream at least-fabulously valuable), and some of the other fixtures and fittings (brass, cutlery, pumps etc)...

It was an auto jumble style affair, all the items just laid out by the road where people could stop their cars and peruse...being rather infirm and gullible she was being prayed upon by all sorts of people who were tricking her, paying a pittance for these precious things...meanwhile, the me in the upper dream was monitoring the situation and narrating but was powerless to intervene...

(I know how I interpret it...really odd though, still kind of watching her when my mind slips to "day-dream")

I awoke at 4am and didn't really get back to sleep...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Currently checking all pubs in Surrey for a landlady named Jill, who knows, you may be clairvoyant. If you get a sense of Deja Vu when passing the Grantley Arms in Wonersh on Saturday that would be real twilight zone.

Unknown said...

Heheh...it's just mundane enough of a subject (for a dream) to be a real claircoyant event actually... ;)

On the down-side I didn't sleep well last night either, can't remember my dream though...