12 December, 2006

Ipswich Ripper - Subliminal messages on Watchdog

So, although admittedly, the police haven't released all the details, from what I have read at least *one* of the (now 5) victims was suffocated in some fashion, so why on earth is the press calling the killer "The Ipswich Ripper" (apart from the obvious prostitute connection)?

Surely, if the press had thought about it, it would have been "The Suffolk Strangler"? Much more catchy and appropriate! Someone in the press has really dropped the ball...*unless*, as I said, we have some more details to be presented with by the detectives in question and the press are keeping their muzzles on, for some reason...wouldn't be the first time...

On the same note, and on the more "interesting" side, I was sat watching "Watchdog" on the BBC this evening, and the female presenter was wearing a white shirt with the word "NO" clearly emblazoned in massive black letters across her breasts...I can't help but wonder if this is anything to do with it...and I'm sorry, but there is no way that wasn't deliberate *and* for some very good reason (even if I am a little off the mark as to exactly why) -
Watchdog subliminal messages?
Update - As of the 14th December issue of the Metro, they are now calling him, lo and behold, the Suffolk Strangler... ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean Watchdog?

Unknown said...

Doh, quick edit required... ;)

Anonymous said...

Man thats sick, gotto be for a reason!! Didnt even see it!

Matt Peskett said...

So now we know the killer is a man, drives a car, lives in Ipswich and watches Watchdog (I can only think of Alan Partridge) Perhaps he's leaving messages with his victims "If I stop killing will you give me £1 million - answer through Watchdog on Wednesday"?