09 October, 2008

Ouch... :(

Sunrise over the O2 #2
Been having a bit of a bad time of things the last couple of weeks, ever since the wedding actually...lots of aches and pains, not just the normal seasonal ones (as the nights draw in and temperatures plummet), just some gentle reminders that I need to take things really easy with my poor old knees - yesterday was particularly bad, I made it into town okay (limping a little), but by lunchtime I really didn't want to get up from my chair...at home time I was absolutely dreading what was to come but somehow (grim determination alone I think), with much clinging onto escalators and swearing, I managed to get back to Redhill where I surrendered and caught a taxi home...(I'd long ago missed the bus by the time I got down all those stairs at the station anyway)...

This morning things seem to be a lot better, I dosed up on the strong pain killers the doctor gave me the last time this happened when I got home last night and I've topped them up with some Ibuprofen tablets, my magic binding grip is in my rucksack (just in case) and I have one of my crutches with me to keep the weight off the leg that is currently playing up...oh and I staggered the commute to try and avoid the crowds, someone even kindly gave me the priority seat on the tube...! Got me into the office at about half seven and going to try and skip off a bit early this afternoon to avoid the 1730 crush...

Hate being like this...just have to remind myself that there are people a lot worse off than I am...

2 comments:

boohoo said...

Ouch, that sounds painful :/ Feel better soon.

bigbluemeanie said...

Ouch indeed, hope you make a good recovery!