07 October, 2008

Central Heating - On already...!

So much for the Indian summer! Apart from a minor blip (when Timmy and Gayle were lucky enough to have booked in to tie the knot) the weather really has been totally miserable, so much so that over the weekend we decided enough was enough (even though we are barely into October) and attempted to put the central heating back on (and not a minute too soon either, from what I hear there have been several frosty starts around town since)...and annoyingly, it wasn't the simplest thing in the world to actually do either, firstly we discovered that the batteries in the combined thermostat/scheduling device had flattened, and then, thanks to them being out of the machine for too long, all the settings vanished, so I had to re-learn how to configure it (and it has a rather frighteningly counter intuitive, instruction-free control panel)...still not sure it's entirely set up correctly as we didn't get heat until about 10am on Sunday, but yesterday morning it certainly worked - I awoke to a wonderfully warm house, content to wander to the bathroom in the all-together without risk of freezing my nether regions, very pleased also that the thermostat was placed in the stairwell, as the whole house was equally toasty when it came time to drag myself downstairs to make Flyingpops' coffee drink...a good thing too as I am temporarily unable to locate my dressing gown! ;)

Roll on Christmas (my favorite time of the year)... ;)

2 comments:

Flyingpops said...

About 12 weeks to go I think!

Anonymous said...

less than 80shopping days according to the radio presenter... but everyday is now a shopping day.... so scary stuff... my heating was on in september I'm sure..... been wearing summer clothes....