15 April, 2005

On the subject of horses...

...there is a new arrival on my regular walk home from work across "muddy field" (I'm sure it has a real name, but "muddy field" is what it should be called), this is one of two horses that have appeared in the last week, obviously deciding to enjoy their historical right to be grazed on common land. I don't know what it thought of me brandishing the camera, but that look it gave me was definitely one of deep suspicion...perhaps it thought I was after a quicker mode of getting myself back to the house? It needn't have feared though, I think my feet would have dragged on the ground had I tried... ;) Because they are tethered to a point, both the animals are making small "horse circles" where they have cleared all the vegetation within their reach...I cannot help but think that this will not help the situation with the mud...
Click for a larger image...

No comments: