03 April, 2005

Le Creme de le Volksworld 2K5...

Firstly, I must just say, I have (somehow) taken over 150 shots of today, but my Flickr account will simply explode if I show you them all, so here are a few of my favorites, to begin - the venue...wonderful in the spring sunshine! -
Click for a larger image...
- and this particular vehicle shouldn't require too much of an introduction -
Click for a larger image...
- this odd "loaf of bread" bus actually *did* need a bit more of an introduction, which unfortunately wasn't offered to us, so I can't hand one on to you I am afriad! Anyway -
Click for a larger image...
- Oh, spotted this in the car park on the way in, heheheh -
Click for a larger image...
- an amazing amphibious vehicle, populated on entry by the two Volksworld ladies, who then seemed to spend the rest of the day walking around trying to choose the free T-Shirts that were to be their payment for the day's work...duh... -
Click for a larger image...
- a few of the sights of the race track, brass bust of the Queen Mum, and some horse or other... -
Click for a larger image...
- and the Winners Enclosure -
Click for a larger image...
- Just the perfect litho (am I being rude!?) or paint job - Homer Simpson would be proud - here we see the side of the "Duff Beer" Bus! It actually took me about 3 minutes to take this shot trying to hold all the helium balloons out the way! -
Click for a larger image...
- a nice looking chopper - oo-er! ;) Obviously not an original, but it's pretty cute! -
Click for a larger image...
- and it has a rather amusing name! -
Click for a larger image...
- An old German fire engine (i'm guessing!) although where on earth they keep the water I can't begin to imagine! We spent much of the day examining these buses to see if any were ripe for purchase, but to be honest, sleeping on a stretcher was probably not the best of selling points -
Click for a larger image...
- Because the VW crowd tend to enjoy drag racing just as much as they enjoy cute restoration, you are oft to find crazy engines like this within much more sedate looking shells (I promise to report more on this as the VW season gets round to the likes of Bug Jam) -
Click for a larger image...
- Oh, most noteably, for the first time in the UK, we saw a remake of the third original Beetle prototype (out of three)! However, there is nothing original about it except the fact that it is a 100% accurate remake (top to bottom) from the 30's which in itself is something of a curiostity...certainly the crowd was pretty impressed! -
Click for a larger image...
- ...spotted in the autojumble, this says it all... ;) -
Click for a larger image...
- (doing this blog entry seems to be taking up rather more of my evening than I had intended, however...) these also seemed to catch my eye ;) -
Click for a larger image...
- An awesome showing from the sussex VW club, I wonder if that particular location for the registration plate is normally MOT acceptable? ;) -
Click for a larger image...
- and I just about managed to catch (at least some of) the Grand Prix in the sand, it was rather tricksie to read the drivers positions though...! Still, I knew I could stop watching when I saw that Schumacher was out... ;) -
Click for a larger image...
- Oh and a new stetch Concept Beetle Limo came along! -
Click for a larger image...
- So all in all, even though we were after a perfect camper to actually buy (which failed to present itself) a wonderful day was had by all... ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Far out