15 March, 2010

The Waddle of the Blackberry Zombies

London Bridge Platform 13
Time for another "thing that should be deleted" now...and I'm not quite sure if it's the entire principle of the Blackberry that should go into the recycle bin here - although the last estimate I heard was that for each £50-odd monthly contract fee a company pays to equip a drone with their shiny black handset and connection, they (on average) reap 5 extra *free* hours work from them per week (not a bad deal!)-
Commute
- or do I just want to delete the zombie-like blind waddle that is characteristic of the hopelessly infected (usually excessively overweight - so they can completely block my way) executive unable to tear their eyes from that little screen even for the purposes of walking along...? Last time I tried that with a book I nearly walked into a lamp post (and that was in leafy Surrey) you'd have to be a bloody idiot to do it in London (with it's multiple dangers to the unwary) and yet there they all are, every morning, clogging the pedestrian arteries, bumping into each other (and potentially falling in front of trains/buses/taxis in a sort of digital darwinia of dismal delay)...

DELETE!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice alliteration at the end there dude. I'm working on an EMP device similar in size to a cap bomb that will shut off evrything in 100 metre circle round you. Fear not.

Unknown said...

And here is the *really* ironic thing - having left my mobile at your house on the weekend - I've got Flyingpops Blackberry in my pocket today (just for emergencies)...

Flyingpops said...

LOL ... I was that person, especially when heavily pregnant and on the BB!

Unknown said...

LOL, I could hear you in the background saying "But I never took it out of my pocket" Still, Blackberry eh, almost worth it ;-)