16 March, 2010

Oh NO!! Leaf!

A nice cup of Earl Grey tea
So, the other day...(actually, lets just stop there a second - isn't it funny how many of my posts seem to start like that now, rather than "earlier today" or even "yesterday" - *guilty glance*)...anyway, the other day, running out of tea bags from my desk drawer (with a tut), I made a little trip during my lunch break to the slightly overpriced Tesco Metro store in Cabot Square (near the DLR), getting back to my desk just about on time (phew)...logging on with one hand and popping open the packet with the other I blindly reached inside to try and retrieve a tea bag (as I grasped my mouse) and suddenly let out an exclamation (specifically - "Oh No!" - a little too loudly) that made everyone on my bank of desks look over (with very concerned faces) to see what on earth was the matter...

All I could manage was to weakly point at the packet and say "Leaf..." in a sad voice...

*Everyone* laughed. A lot... Even they knew it was too much - through tears of mirth came more than one apology that it wasn't *that* funny, but the eye wiping and spontanious giggles kept on popping out for at least twenty minutes (as I sat there glaring at my empty mug)... >:(

It was with great ceremony, then, and with many a (Mr Bean-like) smug smile, that the next day I revealed from my bag my (Ardingly Tombola stall won) teaspoon-shaped tea infuser...

Ner ner ner ner ner! *Sound of Fink doing a Thomas-style short, sharp raspberry*

5 comments:

Flyingpops said...

LOL!!!

Kev Brown said...

Kudos to you sir with your infuser based triumph in the face of adversity!

Unknown said...

What a brew ha ha lol. A little tea'd off and wishing they would leaf you alone (sorry for the puns).
Fink,can you let me Jinxx's blog address, he has his WOW character's names on there and I could probably track him down.

Unknown said...

P.S. sorry, should have put know in there. By the way, I reached Rivet Town just using a baseball bat and having done no quests. I can't open the door across the plank, it needs 100 lockpick. I'm hoping there is another way in. Absolutely bloody wonderful to see you at the weekend me old pal, give Thomas (and Net of course) a big hug from us both.

Unknown said...

Ah, wrong bit of the ship - Go round to the side of the aircraft carrier, there is a ramshackle tower you can climb up (there is a beggar at the top who asks for water), press the intercom and a large bridge will move into place granting you access to the side of the ship, it's the door on the left you want, once you have crossed it, near the guard...