16 February, 2007

Nose Bleed - Not a very pleasant evening...

Some woman almost slipped over next to me on a patch of ice about half way back to the hotel from the office, and accidentally whacked me in the nose with her handbag, it was *cold*, so it hurt, but I just rubbed the water out of me eyes, muttered my "nono, ids fine" holding my hose and carried on through the snow...It wasn't until I got back to the warmth of my hotel room (capiliaries relaxing) that the nose bleed began...It lasted for about the length of "King Kong" (the most recent remake) that was on TV on HBO...drip drip drip...made the bathroom look like a mass murder had taken place when it first started because I didn't have tissues to hand, ended up with a bit of toilet paper folded over and over, then rolled into a tight spiral, stuck into my nasal canal to totally block it off, removing and replacing it each time it became saturated and started to drip again...couldn't leave the room like that, so just sat and watched more TV, finally falling asleep with my head on a towel in case it started dripping again in the night (was fine though)...

So much for my last night in the city...

Not going to leave it too late to get to the airport either, still reports on the news of blocked roads (people sat in cars/trucks for 24 hours), 10 hour delays (sat in planes on the runway at JFK!) etc, so not going to leave anything to chance, already arranged my limo...if I end up having to wait around in the airport, then I have to wait around in the airport (I'll live)...

More later perhaps, but most likely nothing until I get back to Blighty (for which I must admit, I am starting to feel a little homesick)...

So, so long New York, and thanks for all the grub... ;)

3 comments:

Ginco said...

When the bus jerked, a passenger tried desperately to stay balanced -but instead she issued me a juicy slap through the face, what an embarrassing moment !!
But Fink, next time you have a nose bleed try to keep a bunch of keys down the back of your neck, no joke!
It's probably an old S African trick - but it works like a charm.

Unknown said...

And make sure you always wear a red jacket and shirt mate, ya never know.
I would have been terrified if it had happened to me,hate parting with any essential bodily fluids. I had a panic attack when I sliced my thumb off.

Unknown said...

Heh! I didn't actually even have any keys! Left my house keys at home and my room key was a small credit card shaped thing! Still, this is my first nose-bleed since I was about 5 years old, so hopefully a one off...

And yeh, it was a bit freaky Tommo, being all on my lonesome, but it's sorted itself out now apparently...I think it must have been the freezing temperatures that helped it out!