15 February, 2007

New York Hot Pastrami sandwich with Swiss cheese on rye

Just had a bit of an odd experience, finding out that Flyingpops isn't very well by getting an "out of office reply" from her work email...Hrm...
New York in the snow #26
Anyway, the thaw has now started with a vengeance (phew) -
New York in the snow #25
- one thing that this experience has done for me is to give me a new found respect for these grilled bits of the sidewalk (that I normally avoid, as they occasionally wobble, and rest over the top of huge holes that seem to lead right down to the subway below), reason is that in the snow and ice, they seem to -

a) Remain largely ice free
b) provide good grip for wet shoes (even if they do wobble at bit)

- went back to the Broome Street place for lunch, this time I knew what I wanted to try - Hot New York Pastrami and Swiss cheese on Rye...and it was *fantastic*, really going to miss that sandwich...bought Pastrami in Tesco once in the UK and it was *nothing* like this stuff, zinging with black pepper and garlic, excellent... :(
Pastrami with Swiss cheese on Rye
The only problem, was, I thought the guy serving me was being kind and acting in translation between American English and British English when he asked me if I wanted "Chips or Salad", I was actually expecting "Fries"...so mucked up a little bit, my bad, but I won't make that mistake again...
New York in the snow #27

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did try to MSN you this morning but it clearly didn;t get through to you! - Luckily my out of office was working!

Enjoy your last night in NY :)