23 February, 2007

Last few pics from the Big Apple...

So, last few pics from New York (plus I slept really well last night, so hopefully this is the end of the stupidly long recovery period I have needed this time, picked up a bug too earlier in the week, was quite ill on Tuesday, so I don't think that helped much either), anyway -
New York in the snow #30
This was the chaotic scene when I returned to my floor (11) to pick up my luggage just before I checked out, all the furnature, beds, tables -
New York in the snow #31
- even all the TVs were in the coridoor! Never seen anything like it! Anyway, struggled downstairs, did the quick check out, and then went to wait for my Limo downstairs -
New York in the snow #33
- found the guy after about 5 minutes of asking people who probably had nothing to do with the hotel at all (judging by the confused looks I got) and began the treacherous drive off the island -
New York in the snow #36
- (took a few pics out the window as we went) -
New York in the snow #34
New York in the snow #32
New York in the snow #35
- reached the airport (didn't take too many shots around the place, as I didn't know if not being American would mean I didn't have photographers rights, but did sneak a few) -
New York in the snow #37
- you can see why we were delayed, the whole place was snow-bound -
New York in the snow #38
New York in the snow #40
- and it's funny, of all the arcade machines they had in the airport, the most popular by far was the Galaga/Ms Pacman machine, Need for speed etc. being largely ignored, even by the kids -
New York in the snow #39
- wouldn't have predicted that!

So that's the end of my trip (sorry it's taken so long to actually document it all, been having a bit of a tough time of it lately with one thing and another)... ;P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We would like to contact you as we lived on St John's Rd Earlswood when we married in 1952 and have been in Canada since 1957.
aadean@ns.sympatico.ca