12 February, 2007

Midtown, Times Square and Tea

New York #71
Had a really busy day yesterday, mostly shopping, took a cab to Times Square (feet still hurting after 4 hours of walking around downtown, so decided to be lazy)...
New York #74
...which is just as wonderfully over-the-top commercial as ever...
New York #75
New York #78
...trailed around the shops, stopping longest in Toys R Us, with it's incredible big wheel *inside* the store!
New York #82
Then (all shopped out) cabbed all the way back downtown, traffic was so bad though I had to give up about 3 blocks from the hotel and walk the rest, it was total gridlock -
New York #90
- made sure I had everything I needed for today arranged neatly, Fillet Mignon for tea...medium rare, I'm sure it was an excellent bit of beef, texture was good, I just would have loved the opportunity to taste it, the sauce was way too much, tasted like oxo cubes and marmalade... >;P Brocolli was nice though...humph... ;)
New York #92
Anyway, slept through last night until about 0230hrs again, and dozed until 0700hrs when the sun came up (so still feeling zapped), found the office with no problems and just finished an excellent lunch (which I enjoyed with my colleagues), but I've got to get on with some work now so more on that later... ;)

No comments: