17 November, 2005

Been rather poorly...

...the last few days, so sorry for the lack of updates but I really haven't felt much up to getting out of bed, had my first solid food since Monday night on Wednesday evening and that was one third of a tin of baked beans that Flyingpops had left over from her dinner...my diet in the interim has been Imodium, Pepto-Bismol and boiled water with Dioralyte...bleugh... :(

Today has been much better although it is staggering how much my stomach has shrunk over these couple of days on a fluid diet (as advised by the medical professionals)...how little I can now actually consume is a joke...like half a tin of soup and I'm full...!

Anyway, sounds like the bug might well have crept over on the weekend with my folks visit to say hello...apparently it's been doing the rounds at my mum's school, lots of people falling ill, so even my "disease proofing" commute - throwing every germ present in the city at me - couldn't defend me from a bug from the country...

Some things aren't good about commuting so far...new diseases at each end....bah...

Still, the aches and sweats are on the way out...back into London to spread the alien bugs tomorrow... ;)

Can't help but feel super stressed about what I am about to face though...normally when I am out of the office for a day or two it takes me a week to recover from the backlog...

Wish me luck...

No comments: