28 June, 2010

What a journey today...

Mind the Gap
First up, get to the station at Earlswood (twenty minutes early thanks to getting a welcome lift from Flyingpops) and see my normal train is cancelled (no explanation, of course)...after a forty five minute wait (God bless my HTC Hero and 3G internet access) the next train arrives and it's (full of win) only four coaches and full and standing (but it was going to the wrong destination anyway)...fifteen minutes later I'm hopping onto the next London Bridge service (also four coaches - but not quite as full), I find a seat (near the smelly toilet) opposite an equally smelly woman, who has two enormous rucksacks each taking up a seat all by themselves and is tapping away furiously on a laptop (if she hadn't been tapping away on a laptop I would have automatically assumed her to be a homeless person by her general dress and aroma)...get to Merstham and some guy foolishly asks her if he can kindly take a seat and the next ten minutes is punctuated by blazing eruptions between the two of them regarding her continually invading his personal space (banging him with her knees, leading over etc.) then when we get to London Bridge she gets up, tries to put on both of her rucksacks (which are each individually bigger than her torso) and is instantly overbalanced by the weight and falls full force into a sitting position on my lap...FFS!!! Oddly this made me see the funny side and I laughed uncontrollably all the way to platform one, knowing things can't possibly get any stranger today... ;)

I hope...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Journey from hell!! So glad my commuting is no more ;) Glad you saw the funny side!!

Unknown said...

One of those "gotta laugh" moments, but I (frankly) didn't have the worst of it...dunno how that guy put up with it... *shrug*