16 June, 2010

Tesco Self Service Tills

Tesco Self Service
Okay, I'm on a roll now, second post about Tesco (hrm) in a row...but goodness me, aren't those self service tills at Tesco a boon - not only do they decimate what would otherwise be impossible queues at lunchtime (Canary Wharf branch gets rather busy), but also, you can walk up with an absolute armful of copper coloured shrapnel (the sort of thing you wouldn't dare present to an actual shop assistant unless you fancied the most withering of glances and resentful service) and rescue your wallet from danger of seam bursting overload completely shame-free...! ;)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I've also heard that you can use vouchers that have expired, though I have not tried nor will I because I'm a good girl - allegedly....
There are some in Sainsburys Redhill now that are even better than the Tesco ones!

Anonymous said...

HOW do these work with age restricted products??? dvd's...booze... kitchen knives.... I wonder???? over to you fink....

Unknown said...

Ah, it's actually quite simple, there is always an attendant, if you scan anything on the restricted list then the minute you go to pay the till locks up and flashes a light to summon them over to check you out...