09 July, 2005

Woke up at 5am this morning...

...after the oddest dream, nothing to do with what has happened as far as I can tell (it was 2099 and Christmas time, I was with all my family, (even recently departed grandparents) my two sisters were both about 7 years old (they are both considerably older in real life) in the old family home in Reigate. I was opening cards and presents, the cards were all full of the kind of junk inserts that fall out of newspapers and magazines, and the presents were all multi-coloured socks...on Christmas afternoon we went to a theme park where I watched my sisters compete with one another on various obstacle courses)...still, when I came to conciousness from this baffling dream my mind didn't take much time to fill back up with all the "missing" posters and the story of the young lady who escaped a tube bomb only to get on the bus that blew up...of all the bad luck... :(

Today so far has been spent in preparation for Bug Jam, which is only a couple of weeks away now, we had to fix the tent pole (which snapped in the high winds we suffered on the camping trip before last) -
Click for a larger image...
- this was actually (once I got a sharp blade on the hacksaw) rather easy, so I cut a couple of spare poles to take with us in future (just in case) -
Click for a larger image...
- next job was to test the "pup tent" for Squiz (who is coming along with us, but isn't equipped for the outdoor life), as you can see, it looked fine...had to adjust one of the poles as it was trailing a huge amount of elastic, but essentially it looked like it had come out of mothballs the same as it went in -
Click for a larger image...
- next was testing the pipe rig I built to see if we could run the camping fridge on LPG (it's nice to have cold beer in the tent), after about ten minutes of looking around to see where the flame was supposed to be, and a 1 foot tall, quite scary burst showing *exactly* where the exhaust was (not sure it has *ever* been run on gas before), the tiny indicator waved over into the green (to show good gas pressure), and the contents have now started to frost up -
Click for a larger image...
- last thing was to get all the little camping bits and pieces assembled, air bed, folding chairs and tables, cutlery, cooking utensils, cooker and camp kitchen, leatherman "Wave" (never go camping without it)...and all the other crap that will pack out the car for our drive north...

I'm now sat watching a movie on my xbox, and chilling out...

No comments: