16 July, 2005

Watering the garden...

...I spotted a lone, struggling figure in smart blue and red livery making his painful, sweaty way up the row of houses, I stopped my watering of the front garden for a moment (dripping can in hand forgotten) and the words "Harry Potter?" came from my mouth in a hopeful voice...

Reaching out to hand me the parcel, the postman replied "Don't talk to me about bloody 'Arry Potter, had twenty of these to deliver to one bloody road! Saturday round is normally about 6 letters...total!" (he held out the tiny selection of letters he had been expecting to breeze round the estate with)...I laughed, probably quite cruelly, waved the parcel to him, popped the watering can down, and came inside...

"It was nearing midnight, and the Prime Minister was sitting alone in his office..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So an apology to Tesco is in order ;)

Anonymous said...

ps. I suppose what you do have to remember though, is that Tesco Books is just a reseller for Amazon, and Amazon go into overload when a new HP is released, making sure they are all posted out the day before so that they get there first class 90 something percent next day.

Unknown said...

Yes, sincerely sorry Tesco Books/Amazon/whoever you were...you came through in the end... ;)

Bad luck Pachita, but it's worth the wait! I've got about 3 chapters to go now, very exciting!