12 July, 2005

It's funny just...

...how quickly things get back to normal, today (although on the seven o'clock train again), I got on, opened my book (Anne Rice - Pandora), and just slipped off into ancient Antioch for the duration of the journey...the arrival at Kings Cross suprised me (I got rather used to the train terminating there and being told to get off during the cross-link works, you see... ;)

The only thing marking today out from any other (they even had the ticket barriers back on) is the huge number of Police everywhere (which does make me wonder where they all are normally), there were at least 10 of them in the queue at Burger King (which looked quite funny, I did take a snap but their HVJ's just flashed back at me and ruined the shot), at least one on each of the stations we went past (although I spotted 6 at East Croydon and 5 at Kings Cross, if you count the two outside the door that I took a picture of yesterday)...The railway also seems to have suddenly sprouted a "security" arm, with white shirts and cracking radios joining the ranks of police officers in giving everyone suspicious looks...makes you feel quite secure though...
Click for a larger image...

No comments: