21 July, 2005

Bloody terrorists...

...same pattern, NSEW at the same moment, but a dismal failure, as I have already said... ;)

Two quotes -
  • "Attempts have been made to set off explosive devices" - Sir Ian Blair
  • "The intention of the attacks was to kill" - the MET
My journey home was interesting, Kings Cross (even though there was no threat there) was closed, I was advised to get a number 17 bus to Blackfriars, I joined up with 5 other people who were seeking the same journey as I and did my best to guide them (3 were foreign tourists and rather worried, 2 were Londoners who described "blind luck" walking methods of getting out of the city on 7/7)...we got to Blackfriars (ended up on the 63) keeping together via one of the few buses still running...I left my posse at the foot of the stairs (two of them being rather old) and ran up to the concourse only to hear "All Thameslink trains southbound have been suspended until further notice", I managed to blag the group onto the tube to Victoria without valid tickets and we took the District line to Victoria together, the six stops took a long time... :(

Victoria was running okay, lots of Police and the Victoria line on the tube was closed (obviously), I hopped on a Brighton train and changed at East Croydon, then back to Redhill...

I will be pleased to be heading North for Bug Jam for the weekend.... :(

No comments: