06 June, 2005

Well, I gave up and...

...handed myself over to the medical professionals today, last night it was quite difficult to sleep and I began to think that maybe I had broken the damn thing after all...this morning, it still wouldn't hardly move, I can't quite explain how frustrating this is...It's like it's made of a solid bit of plastic (which hurts) :(

So, usual Hospital experience (which almost doesn't need repeating to those of us who have used the NHS) after lots of form filling and lots of waiting, a lot of questions (and "Oo, that looks nasty!" comments), more waiting, prodding and poking (until you say "Ouch!"), some extra waiting, more questions, confirmation of previously made statements, 2 X-Rays (one of which involved rather painful contortions (and not on the part of the Radiologist, I might add) (oh and annoyingly during the very short walk I was easily outpaced by the tiny nurse leading the way), analysis (very long examination of said X-Rays, making me suspect that they were rather expecting to see a fracture, but none was forthcoming) and further waiting - The final diagnosis of my condition was "Severe bruising", estimated time to repair - 1 week - method of repair - a combination of strong painkillers, keeping the limb raised to waist height while remaining seated, and application of cold things in order to help with the swelling... :(

Still, at least it isn't broken I guess...!

No comments: