19 June, 2005

It was 27 degrees centigrade...

...at ten AM this morning, and "on the up" according to the offical figures (conveniently we have a Met Office monitoring station in town, so I can be sure of that figure. My own observation puts us at closer to 30, but I cannot be sure that my garden thermometer is accurately calibrated, costing, as it did, one pound from a cheap shop)...finding sufficient shade, enjoying the breeze, and keeping my drink cool are all I have had to worry about this morning, which is not a bad position to find oneself in... it almost feels like being on holiday (apart from the lack of a full English breakfast, and beer)... ;)
Click for a larger image...
Update - We did hit 30 in Redhill...the start of summer proper, must get the big fan out of the loft...

No comments: