05 June, 2005

Stupid...stupid...stupid...

...(not that it wasn't fun)...yesterday I gritted my teeth and honoured my commitment to go and visit the annual camping exhibition (aerial photo if you follow that link btw) that appears in a field near Horsham at this time of year. You see, my toes were feeling much better (still couldn't bend the big one at all, but I managed to squeeze my shoes on and hobble around the house a little bit)...and I reasoned to myself that it always was fun to look through all the latest gadgets etc. and I had been sooooo looking forward to it...So, unsteadily and with the odd wince of pain I got out to the car and was chauffered to the venue, which, as I said, is essentially a large field -
Click for a larger image...
- filled with loads and loads of tents, folding caravans and even tents that are so big that they come in a trailer like the one below (one day perhaps!) -
Click for a larger image...
- now in my opinion, this really is the only place to come if you are in the market for some outdoor living...there is nothing like actually seeing them all pitched and being able to climb in and out and unzip bits and lay down to see if sleeping areas are sufficiently large for certain tall people etc., however -
Click for a larger image...
- with the BBQ season approaching, and a certain storm from Laughton in mind, the object of attention on this visit was actually a gazebo. The one pictured above was the final selection. The poles and canvas are integrated and the whole thing takes shape with a couple of simple twists - from bag to the state you see it in above within about 5 minutes - which is *just* what you want, especially if it's windy! Anyway, the visit finished with a tour around the several large marquees containing camping goodies, where purchases included a couple of new camping chairs (I even got an "XL" model, which is new on the market, and super comfortable!) plus some new tent pegs, a 3 LED torch and a few other essentials -
Click for a larger image...
- all very well, you might think...the *problem*, came in the evening - having spent at least an hour walking round the field and even whacking my poorly foot on a stupid tent peg (ouchouchouch!) by the time I got back for dinner (guests - Mum, Dad, Kipperfrog and NinjaBathy, constituents - curry/beer/wine/and at least *some* of a movie) my foot was totally inflamed again and super painful...

*Idiot*...

So today, I got up, I had a bath, I came downstairs and sat at my PC and I haven't moved since (apart from to grab Advil from the cupboard and water from the drinks fridge)...and, fingers crossed, it's feeling a bit better again now...

I think I am going to risk the commute tomorrow...just hope no-one treads on it when the train gets full or there might be a "scene"... ;)

No comments: