15 June, 2005

Tesco Home Delivery...

...just recently, in a fit of "ease of life" experiments, one of the welcome casualties from previously busy weekends has been "doing the shopping"...this has not, however, been the total success it *could* have been, thanks to a succession of spoilt vegetables and almost out of date ready-meals being delivered, which I would never have selected myself...the jury is still out I think...it's better than walking round the shop for an hour and a half (and certainly cheaper, as you only buy what you *need* and avoid all those tempting offers), but it is a bit annoying having to go through every single item and check it off the list once it has arrived, just in case the delivery man has had your pork pies away...
Click for a larger image...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been doing my shopping on-line for about 3/4 months now. Asda is really good, tesco I have found to be very expensive - what ever way it certainly is a good way not to over spend!!

Anonymous said...

From a Tesco delivery driver.Contrary to popular belief, Tesco delivery drivers don't have your pork pies or anything else in your order away. Mistakes do happen in the picking and packing process but unfortunately, the driver is always in the firing line for complaints. I've lost count of the amount of time I have got an ear bashing from a customer because Tesco could not deliver a certain item. Why do they always insist on "shooting the messenger."
I can only deliver what is put on my van and have no control whatsoever what is and isn't available on your order. So please, Tesco customers, give your driver a break. It really isn't his/her fault.

Unknown said...

Everyone - give your driver a hug next time... ;)