01 June, 2005

Oh and a I have a bit of a confession to make...

...for the last 2 months I have been traveling with a ticket that is not valid for my journey...(there, I have said it!)

Each day (since I discovered my crime), I have had to run the gauntlet of the luggage barrier, casually waving my illegal ticket at the guards hoping that they are so hypnotised by the monotony of their occupation that they wouldn't notice...it worked, every day except one very recent one, where I had to buy a £1.70 extension (thus alerting me to my crime)...Now, the reasons for this, you ask?

  • Moving to Redhill - The initial ticket issued to me when I asked for a monthly return to Kings Cross was £50 more expensive and encompassed the London underground (which I no longer use after moving)
  • Both the Redhill ticket staff and a guard at Kings Cross told me that a ticket just to "London Terminals" would be fine, but it refused to work in the barrier (which was admittedly confusing), however this coincided with the introduction of the new computerised ticket machines and there were lots of barrier problems *anyway*

I don't feel the least bit guilty about my crimes though, as today, when the irregularity was queried, it transpired that the actual ticket that I needed to get to Kings Cross (and check this out for skewed logic!!) is actually *cheaper* still than the one that expires 2 stops earlier, and not by an inconsiderable amount - £8.35!!

I surrender... (but not before cheekily asking for a refund (a comment which was ignored btw))! ;)
Click for a larger image...

No comments: