17 July, 2006

It's non-photography day...

(See previous post here)...

So thus far today I have celebrated (and not documented) -

  • Being woken up by the alarm at half six (and feeling too tired to get out of bed)
  • Being told by BBC Breakfast that it's going to be 35 degrees in London today
  • My train being cancelled
  • My save for Lord of the Rings Tactics corrupting after my fourth attempt to finish "Fangorn Forest" on my PSP
  • Trying out my new Oyster card on the bus and it working(!) (at least something went right)...
  • Getting in to find my desk has been moved into the middle of the main corridor between Advertising and Marketing due to overcrowding (with added hideous screen glare goodness thrown in for good measure)
  • Discovering my PC wasn't patched in after my desk was moved (fixed now)
  • Finding my PC has become mysteriously infected with four bits of spyware over the weekend ("Access the Adult Area" icons keep appearing on my desktop and I have no shortage of "Get Laid today!" popups to keep me amused)

I almost feel like shooting a few shots off in spite...

Update - had it pointed out to me that I *did* document these things, in writing - barked loudly - pointee excused himself to the loo

Update update - this is typical, during the course of the rest of the day...(I kept my cool)...but spotted -

  • A van peppered with very convincing fake bullet-hole stickers in Balfe Street
  • Another van crashing into a stationary motorbike (again in Balfe Street)
  • A wonderful lunch treated to us by DJMathu (oh the agony! Gaspacho and spicy meatballs!)
  • A slow worm(!) in the undergrowth on the walk through (not-at-the-moment) muddy field...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you think you can teach me anything about spyware you got another thunk coming ;) Delete...

Unknown said...

(sorry, that was a spam comment, didn't quite explain myself)... ;)

Anonymous said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5193962.stm
do you think that an npg person wrote this!

Unknown said...

Hehe, it's possible! ;) Good article...I have to say, I have had smaller workstations in the past, but I've never been asked to sit in a corridor before....