26 August, 2005

Last meal in the city...



...(barring complete disaster) was at the Park Ave. Country Club - and for it I couldn't resist steak (the first and only steak of my visit, please note! (if you ignore the burgers, which technically aren't...)) - 16 oz. Black Angus New York Shell Steak, served with french fries (and what looked like raw veg, only ate the bits I could identify though)...It came to the table with a knife suitable for Rambo (it had at least a 1.5" **wide** blade, astonishingly! You can see the cleaver more clearly if you open the pic up) and a bottle of what was labelled as "Steak sauce", not looking like "peppercorn" or horseradish, I tried a little bit on the end of my finger and it turned out to be basically standard English brown sauce (not unlike "Daddies")...so *really* for bacon and eggs, not steak...(it stayed in the bottle)...

The steak was perfect, the fries standard...oh, and did discover (thankfully!) during my meal (thanks to NY Boss!!) that I had booked my car to the airport far too late for Friday night traffic out of Manhattan, so I zipped back to the hotel super quick and managed to move it forward. This does mean though that I'm now out of here much sooner than expected and either looking forward to traffic jam, or airport for the last few hours of my visit...oh well, c'est la vie...it's been a great week regardless... ;)

This being the case, my next post *should* be from the UK (unless they have fixed the 3xPC "Internet cafe" (pfft!) at JFK (broken the last two times I tried to use it)...in which case I will post something from there)...

Goodbye NY...hello vacation! Woo Hoo! :)

No comments: