25 August, 2005

"Have you made a selection, sir?" the waiter enquired...


"Urm, yes, I think I'll just have the burger tonight please" (still tired, opted for the "Black Duck" in the hotel again) - the menu read - "Herb coated signature burger served with steak tomato, red onion and finger fries"...sounded like just the thing (I steered away from the "Espresso smeared Filet Mignon", coffee and beef...not for me, even if it is their "signature dish")...

"Want cheese on that Sir?", he asked, "Urm, yes, alright then..might be nice", I smiled and looked back to my book..."so would you like blue cheese, cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, gruyere cheese or american slice?"...I looked up again a little startled..."Urm, well, now you come to mention it perhaps blue cheese would be interesting..." I said..."Great choice!", he enthused, "and how would you like your burger cooked, sir?" (well, you certainly don't get this in McDonalds, I thought to myself...) "Urm, medium I think, thank you" I replied. "You're welcome!" came the seemingly genuinely cheery response...

You've got to love America...(even if the burger roll did look suspiciously like a sticky bun) ;)

No comments: