15 June, 2009

New Bathroom installed!!

So, this is *exactly* why we decided to move out of home -
New Bathroom #1
New Bathroom #2
New Bathroom #4
New Bathroom #5
- while the work on the bathroom has been taking place (it was just total chaos)...work was only actually finished last Friday night, our first glipse of the finished product was at Saturday lunchtime (after haircuts at my folks) and my goodness has it been worth all the time and effort (almost 2 weeks solid for those involved)-
New Bathroom #6
- including a nice modern toilet (wonder what they did while the toilet was out of commission?) and a heated towel rail -
New Bathroom #7
- a funky new sink, the biggest bath in the world(tm), seriously...it's *huge*...and a super powerful shower, situated right up on the ceiling (as I'm quite tall my normal shower experience is one where the flow of water starts somewhere roughly level with my chin, so this is absolutely perfect - I can pretend I'm a normal-sized person for once)...! Admittedly Flyingpops is having a bit of trouble as a result, suddenly feeling like she is living in the land of the giants, but it will all be much easier when she isn't heavily pregnant...for the time being we are having to employ a combination of a small set of steps and me giving her a hand to clamber in and out...All there is left to do now is choose what flooring we would like, it's a toss up between some of that nice modern textured linolium, and some real (non-slippery) floor tiles...It will probably be the linolium (for practical reasons), as if anyone needed to get at the pipe work (for whatever reason) having to smash off the tiles to get at them would be a bit too much of a pain to bear...

Anyway, we are extremely pleased...other than the floor it just needs one or two finishing touches (lick of paint on some of the pipe work, a shower curtain, choose some nice accessories, that sort of thing) and we are all done...!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Money well spent I say. Looks beautiful!

boohoo said...

Looks great! I'm glad it all went without a hitch :)

Flyingpops said...

and nobody is allowed to use the bathroom.. it's for looking at only!!! ;o)

Sarah said...

That could cause congestion in the ole system if you know what I mean, Flyingpops.... euugh

Unknown said...

Oh yuk! ;)

...and I'm sorry, but these facilities are here to be used! We didn't spend all that money for a museum exhibit...! :)

Kev Brown said...

It looks very nice!

Unknown said...

That's one sweet suite dude

Claudia said...

Great!! last week, I bought new bathroom furniture and accessories from Home Depot... I just love it!!