27 November, 2007

Google Analytics - Sitemeter Down?

One Canada Square
As we were pulling into London Bridge this morning I peered over to the right to see if I could catch a glipse of "The Wharf" in the distance but the fog was so bad it was nowhere to be seen, and in fact, upon getting here, the top few floors were looking a little hazy...still, at least it's not too cold and it's not raining, it could be worse... ;)

Anyway, my site traffic tool (Sitemeter) seems to have given up the ghost, it died at Thanksgiving (too much Turkey and Cornbread I suspect), I haven't given up on it completely (still left the tag there just in case it springs back to life as I have a lot of historical data on there), but just on the off-chance, and also because I like my daily browse of who is visiting and how they ended up here I have also now installed Google Analytics (two heads are better than one)...and I have to say I am extremely impressed! In fact there's only two bad things I can say about it - it's private (so I have to log on to browse reports, and no-one else will be able to see them) and secondly, it's going to take some mucking around to get my head around the new interface, but it's hardly rocket science, won't take long to get used to...

So if you are in the same boat as me, or just fancy a change (it's completely free), give it a try!

No comments: