19 January, 2011

Wonderful evening...

Low light - Arkle Manor restaurant
Well, despite what I said yesterday we actually did manage to celebrate (thank you to my folks for Thomas-sitting)! We ended up (it was Flyingpops' choice, of course), heading over to Dorking to (what she kept referring to as the "Watermill" for which she had a voucher, apparently), which had me thinking (pretty much the whole way) why on earth are we heading all the way to Dorking just to go there? I mean, as a place to eat it's *okay*...but there were plenty of places on the doorstep equally good...most odd...anyway, my confusion was rapidly dissolved when instead of stopping at the Watermill we pulled into the Arkle Manor car park (a rather special fine-dining experience which emerged, unexpectedly, from the ashes of (probably the worst) Harvester in England, when it closed down - death by dirty salad cart and sticky carpet)...

Flyingpops had a wonderful goats cheese tart to start, I had creamy french onion soup (with a jumbo garlic crouton topped with runny cheese floating on the top) and for mains Flyingpops had wild mushroom risotto (and then tried to convince me that the one I make her is better, but it tasted about the same to me) and I had probably one of the best rib-eye steaks I have ever eaten...absolutely melting, it didn't need the steak knife it was served with...*drool*...

Fantastic... ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds luverly Dudes