17 June, 2006

ITV Saturday Cooks

Saturday Cooks
Well...what can I say...Anthony Worrall Thompson, Ken Hom and Gino D'Acampo...three wonderful, professional and personable celebrity chefs...put them together and what happens?

None of them manages to recommend a specialty dish (admittedly) apart from AWT right at the end, but that was in the caller vote! It's almost painful to watch Ken Hom suggest an Italian-style stir fry to a caller asking for advice with her wok and then so transparently, and guiltily look over to Gino for approval, leaving Gino to awkwardly suggest a lame rissoto stir fry and AWT to have to finish off by cautiously listing the core components of what the caller was actually after - a classic Chinese recipe - thus forcing him into looking back to Mr Hom for approval...THIS IS NOT GOOD...

Don't get me wrong, these chefs all obviously have a huge amount of respect for one another and are awe-inspiringly skillful...but next time guys, just stick to what you know best...I'm not sure anyone in England really wanted to hear Ken's Italian-American-Chinese stir fry pasta carbonara fusion recipe (tasty or not)...his classic Chinese recipes? Gino's classic Italian? Now you're talking!

Bring it on, I'll be all ears...(promise)... ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

flying pops mum says, I guess you are thinking about food as you watch the cookery programs and remembering to eat while flying pops is away in Italy and stuffing her face with wonderfull fresh pasta

Unknown said...

Hehe...she texted me to add it to the shopping list! ;)

Anonymous said...

Mr Fink type angel person

Its been a while (13 or 14 years I think!). I'd love to hear from you. Hope all is well and I'd love to hear back from you - send me an e-mail: stu@homeinuxbridge.fsnet.co.uk

Stu (aka Mr X)

Unknown said...

Ah, all alone in front of the TV. Very astute comments mate, why they have to try every possible combination of format for programs I really don't know. Surprised they don't have effin dustmen divining what people are like from their rubbish, or even making budget meals from all the crap. Hope no producer reads this.

Unknown said...

I'll block 'em mate... ;)

Mr X, I'll try and email you tomorrow if time allows!! Jesus, blogging can be a trip! ;)

Owen Billcliffe said...

Yeah but what did you think of the camerawork?

Ahem.


;)

Unknown said...

Didn't see any problems in that department... ;)