04 June, 2006

Glorious sunshine!

The garden in the sunshine... ;)
Perfect weather for doing absolutely nothing at all... ;) Unfortunately Flyingpops' is off to Morocco with work next weekend, so it's been all suitcases and washing machines and lost accessories this morning instead of gently pottering in the garden...oh well...
Chives #2
Anyway, just time for a few pics I took yesterday (when I was pottering in the garden), these are the amazing flowers on the chive plants, the bees love them, it's just a constant stream of workers all day long, sometimes 3 or 4 at a time...
My strawberry plants, bearing fruit...
...and the strawberry plants are absolutely thriving (well, the big one anyway, the alpine one seems to have been finished off by the winter weather, ironically) and are covered in fruit - thank goodness...I'm sick of those pale, sour, out of season immitations that Tesco insist on shipping over from Israel...the plants that I have (must be about 40 or so), don't produce enough fruit to ever really have a bowl-full, it was just my little treat when I would be out watering to search for one that's ready to eat, but they should be perfect for grabbing one or two each morning to throw into the smoothies instead now! ;)

No comments: