31 March, 2006

Off to Los Gigantes - Monday

Cactus Garden #2
So, Monday we ate breakfast in the hotel resturant again, being lazy, but actually, the use of an infinite orange juice machine is well worth 5 Euros (alone) in my opinion...and the rest of the spread wasn't too bad (a bit of poking around would net you eggs and bacon that weren't *too* chewy)...so after a leasurely feed we drifted back to the pool, I took a few shots around the resorts cactus garden, which was pretty amazing (but I really think it could have done with being a little further back from the path, and a fence - toppling into that little lot late at night and worse for wear would have been all too easy...*shudder*)
Mottled shade...
Spent the bulk of the day by the pool...(feeding the doves and sparrows)...
Flip-flops
...and played PSP in apartment (as usual) for an hour or two in the afternoon (while Flyingpops napped on the balcony). I got a tip for a good resturant to go to for quality grub in Los Gigantes from the girl behind reception, where I enjoyed a thoroughly superb leg of lamb with mint and gravy (yum) and some Sangrea (which might not have been the best idea, as I had been on the beers during the afternoon) -
Leg of Lamb
- after dinner we found yet *another* (different) "Highland Paddy" pub where they were offering some entertainment - they had an old guy that sang old Beatles numbers (and played along with his guitar) come on just as we arrived which obviously wasn't quite my cup of tea, as I am told that after a few songs I drifted off into a doze (must be getting old) much to the amusement of the stand up comedian that came on after him, apparently he quipped "Well, that's a first, normally I have to tell some jokes before I start to send you lot to sleep!"...the laughing roused me from my petit slumber and I decided I needed to go to the bathroom and wake myself up a bit, so I stood up to cross the bar...to this he said "Oh bloody hell, I take that back, if it all kicks off in here tonight, I'm on his side, alright?"...hehe... ;)

(If you don't know me, I'm quite tall btw)... ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can just picture that lol, you unfolding out of the chair and him with his jaw in the floor.

Unknown said...

Heheh... ;)