29 September, 2017

My Ravpower RP-PB19

Ravpower Deluxe
So, my trusty HTC One M9 has basically given up the ghost...it's battery life (from 100% charge) is just over an hour and that is performing light tasks like listening to podcasts or watching a movie.  If I try and use it for Google maps navigation that will kill it completely within 30 minutes.  It's basically unfit for purpose now, but it has fulfilled it's brief, and that was to work until the end of the contract, which has now already happened.

For the record, this is the only Android 'phone I have ever had that has basically worn out, my old HTC One M7 is still going strong after almost 5 years...my old Nexus 7 would have still been working great after a similar amount of time had Thomas not dropped it in the bath...

So (for pretty much the first time ever) it really is time to upgrade.  I already know what telephone I want - a Google Pixel XL - but I'm currently foxed as we are about 5 days now from when it is (strongly) rumoured that the Pixel 2 XL is going to be announced...makes sense to go for the new one, right?  However, that means I have to limp on for another month (at least) until they hit the stores.

The only thing saving my bacon at the moment is my Ravpower RP-PB19, it's basically a massive portable power supply, I really bought it for holiday, so Thomas and I could both sit in the airports, aeroplanes, taxis and coaches and merrily game or movie watch without fear of battery failure...it was amazing, we used it for the entire time we were away (even on the sunbeds by the pool), constantly topping up both my telephone and either my 3DS XL or one of the Kindle Fire tablets (you can plug two devices in simultaneously) - never even had to top it's power up - it was still charging my telephone up in the taxi back home from Gatwick airport...can't recommend them enough...highly portable (fits easily in your pocket), not too heavy, it's got a charge indicator bar (the blue bit) and a built in LED torch...and it keeps old mobile telephones alive while you move from work to home...all for under £30 - get one!

No comments: