02 October, 2017

My Berghaus Stormcloud

Berghaus Stormcloud
So, my current situation - my old light jacket isn't very waterproof at all (and it's raining quite a bit at the moment) but the weather is too warm for my full on winter coat...yes, that sort of time of the year.

Flyingpops went and bought me a nice new coat (which she assured me was more waterproof) but each time I put it on I just ended up sweating, it felt like the kind of thing I should be wearing in the sauna if I was trying to cut weight before a big fight - *VERY* uncomfortably rubbery and extremely warm - even just looking at it made my fingers start to prune.

So all last week I was moaning about it, people were joking in the office about ways I might be able to lose/damage it without upsetting Flyingpops, and then on Friday morning, amid copious train cancellations and delays (both Southern and Great Western affected) - the heavens suddenly opened - and I understood.

This thing is totally hydrophobic, the water beads up and practically jumps off it - I couldn't even tell it was raining...

I love my new coat, it's amazing... ;)

No comments: