14 September, 2011

Our beautiful baby scans...

Here we go then, just a few pics from the recent scans, first up our baby at 6 weeks and 4 days measuring 6.6mm in length and we see a tiny heart beating (and that's about it)-
6 weeks 4 days
At 9 weeks and 1 day, our baby has grown to 21.6mm...still very tiny, but having almost tripled it's length in just 3 weeks.
9 weeks 1 day
Then at 12 weeks...we finally see the familiar shape of a baby on the brand new flat screen TVs in the scan room ...With a wonderful sonographer taking lots of time to describe everything and confirm the baby is all OK. At this stage, the baby is 58mm (Crown to rump) and my dates are moved a little forward (meaning we are due a January baby)!
12 weeks 2 days
Then here we are today...officially half way through the pregnancy and Fink can again have a insight into the pregnancy and witness some of the kicking that is happening all the time. This little one is very, very active making it hard for the sonographer to get all the measurements. She has to wobble my tummy lots, poke, prod and get the little one to roll over to get everything she needed. Technology has improved so much so Thomas was scanned, we got to see the eye sockets, lenses, face, lips, chambers of the heart, arteries, liver, kidneys...just amazing!
20 weeks
20 weeks (2)
A hand and a leg (responsible for all the kicking)...
leg at 20 weeks
leg at 20 weeks
An arm....
arm at 20 weeks
...and the big question...did we find out the gender? No...we've been through so much and really don't mind as long as it's a healthy baby (and a nice surprise)...However, I couldn't help asking the sonographer if we did want to know would she be able to tell us...her response..."Oh yes, I know what you are having" but even then we didn't cave in and ask. Now, I'm analysing every part of our conversation and trying to see if she gave us any clues...but we'll have to wait till January to find out for sure!

At the end of the scan, we came out so very happy at how amazing this whole experience is... we are going to be a mummy and a daddy again and it's so incredible to be responsible for this little life. We celebrated by going to "Next" and buying our first piece of baby clothing...just so they have something new to wear when they are born! A very, very exciting, happy day!

7 comments:

Lovelylouise said...

Aww, its so amazing seeing the scan pictures. I'm not quite sure what the sex is but i'm going to guess hehee.
I can't wait to meet the new addition :D

Unknown said...

Pure magic

Kid healthy food said...

See the baby in the womb is always amazing and touching thing, hopefully you can give birth safely and get the baby that you desire

Sally said...

Congrats again Net, its so exciting, another January baby! Its the best month to be born in ;)

x

Rebecca said...

I love to say other peoples baby scans it reminds me of how excited I was when I had my first scan. It was amazing to really see for the first time was was growing inside you. It really changed me a lot and really bought it home how much of a responsibility it was for me and my hubby.

Anonymous said...

This is amazing I'm only young but when I went for my scan before I had to abort its and amazing experience!!

Bump2babyscans said...

4d HD live scan
Early pregnancy scan