23 March, 2007

Fink Blog is now two years old!

Only just noticed that I missed my blog birthday on the 21st of March! Naughty Fink! Tut! To my bed! ;)

So, some facts and figures...

In that time (including this entry) I am rather astonished to discover I have written 945 posts (which somehow or other works out at about 2.6 posts per day), not quite sure how I have managed that, but anyway... ;)

The blog has seen quite a lot of visitors and visits in that time - 37,486 people have dropped by to say hello (since records began, which was about 6 months in if memory serves), making on average 124 people per day, and when they drop round, the average visitor stays reading for 1 minute 42 seconds (to put this in context, the average visitor to the world class scientific journal where I work spends 2 minutes 8 seconds reading, so I'm not doing too badly, comparitively)...

Between those visitors, I have seen 66,776 page views, averaging 198 per day, with each visitor refreshing on average 1.6 times per visit (bit of a crap stat that last one, but anyway!)...
Graph
This graph shows the traffic growth in the last year, and we haven't finished March yet, so I'm expecting it to continue it's steady increase (assuming I can keep thinking of things to write, of course)...
World Map
...and as you can see from this map, visitors come from mostly North America and Europe (with a few from Asia/Pacific for good measure) as you would expect, I do get the odd referal from someone who has been trying to translate what I have written into Chinese though, just hope it makes some sort of sense...!

At times I have merited a Google page rank of 5, but I seem to bounce a bit between 4 and 5 (as Google does it's thing)...again, not too shabby...I have had to learn some control though, as if I make comment on something or someone and they have a low internet footprint, I do tend to find myself coming rather high up on Google when you query them...naming no names... ;)

Also in this time I have posted 2920 pictures on Flickr (from the countless thousands I have taken), and those pictures (between them) have been viewed 83,576 times (or roughly 30 times each)...(my most viewed pictures still being those I took and blogged live on 7/7)...

Okay, hope all those stats haven't got you too bored, it's been an interesting two years being a blogger, I've met some unexpected people as a result, and it's certainly theraputic to write about things that annoy you, it's also continuing to keep me focused on life and the things and people that I find around me...so, happy birthday Fink blog, and here's to many more! ;)

7 comments:

Ginco said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY FINK !!!!

I only have one complaint, you're writing faster than I manage to read. LOL!!
Carry on regardless and keep up the good work. :-)

Snowbabies said...

Congratulations on two year's blogging!

We've both enjoyed reading about Colin the Camper and viewing your photos over the last few months, just keep 'em coming!

Paul & Debbie :-)

Anonymous said...

Hang on, is this another date to add into the diary and celebrate?!?! Happy Birthday Blog - if your lucky, I may even make a cake - just not sure how you would blow out the candles!

Anonymous said...

oupuperhaps finkblog deserves a new camera for his birthday.....it must be jusified surely....... all those blog hits of 7/7...... not trying to wooden spoon.... BUT....... 7/7....07..... very important date this year & we're hoping for a succesful photo shoot.... send invoice now for camera fund... auntie & uncle... ps we are well within budget at the mo.... pps... get in QUICK!!!!!!!!!........X hehehic

Anonymous said...

sorry don't know what happened with previous opening line..... should read oh perhaps....blame it on the vod......X

bigbluemeanie said...

Happy blogiversary. It's been good reading you for (most of) the past two years. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Aw, thanks everyone! ;)

Got a great post coming up...had a catalogue of disasters today!

...and VodQueen, if, when un-vodded you still fancy chipping in for a camera, I'm all ears...! ;)

x