04 May, 2006

UK Local Elections 2006

Local Elections
Well, today is polling day for the local elections (I spotted this car stuck in the traffic jam around Kings Cross obviously trying to do a bit of last minute canavassing for "Nuruxxaman 'Mukul' Hira" of the "Respect party")...our area, oddly enough lacking a "Respect" party candidate, is (as I mentioned once before) a Tory safe seat, with a smattering of other parties holding sway regionally...Flyingpops was approached by a Tory canvasser the other day and innocently asked who was likely to win our seat (Earlswood and Whitebushes) and was told that it was a close run thing between the Tories and Labour...but was this reverse psychology to stop us tactically voting Lib Dem? It's been bothering me! Being politicians though the answer is probably no...they just aren't that clever... ;)

update - Whittleman just told me that the "Respect" party are (and I quote) "Galloway's bunch of monkeys"...and he's right too...can you imagine Galloway as PM? Hahaha... ;)

Anyway, in other news it's forecast that the temperature today is going to reach 25 degrees (hotest day of the year so far), in direct response the car park at the station had loads of spaces, the trains were *empty* and I have left my coat at home... :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Finally beat the system, none of the buggers know we're here. I can just imagine them turning up at North Street as they always do to find I'm not there.

Unknown said...

Hehe... ;)