So on my day off on Monday we decided (after Flyingpops had got back from the church group with Thomas - giving Daddy some valuable Xbox time) to go and visit Tilgate Park Nature Center, last time we went Thomas did a lot of pointing and staring and saying "Ah Goo!", but now, with his well practiced Animal Noises/Names (from various books/posters/plush and otherwise toys), it was time to see if he could put them to practical use...
...first we stopped off at the "raaaaaaar" (outside the entrance) -
- then passed through the Nature Centre archway -
- and had a ride on one of the "clip-clop-clip-clop"s -
- then, after putting on reins and grabbing a big stick -
- we stopped to watch some "Baaaaa"s -
- excitedly chased some "icken!" (thoughts obviously still firmly on lunchtime) -
- watched some *sound of a clearing nose* having their tea -
- pointed at some "Moooooo"s -
- and waved to a "Wak wak - Duck!"...(as well as peering at some more exotic animals which didn't make much noise at all, and didn't feature in many of the "Farm" word books, etc.)...
...a brilliant afternoon, and some practical use for all those extended "ook" sessions learning the animal names and noises...well done Thomas! ;)
St George’s Church in Bloomsbury
3 weeks ago